New

Thursday, March 19, 2009

DaySpring Midwifery


So, after MANY hours of contemplation, I decided to do this second baby au naturaule! I don't know if I'm crazy or just have forgotten what contractions feel like. I am actually excited to do the water birth and see how it feels. Jace's birth was not so awesome with the recovery and I had so much pain from the epidural that I decided was short term relief worth long term pain and discomfort? I know a lot of my post pain was because I couldn't feel anything going on and was not in control of my body. So with this baby I am happy to say I will be in control of the pushing and the quickness of it :)! My sister informed me last Sunday at our family dinner that she wants to be there, which I wasn't planning on and now have to change my whole thoughts of who and what is going to be going on and happening there. But I am excited to have her at the birth. Jordan is ok with it and with the way things have been happening with our business and lives I hope he will be home to see it, but if not, I know am feeling a lot more comfortable with my sister being there. She is a massage therapist, so if all else I can ask her to help me feel better.
I've been attending birthing classes and trying to discover how I relax and calm myself down in stressful situations...mmmm....mmm...I have no idea!!!! So we will see what I end up doing to work through the contractions.
We are also having a hard time deciding on a name for this little guy. So hopefully we will get that figured out before D-day!
I am definitely starting to nest and trying to get all my ducks in a row before this little dude arrives. Everyday Jace and I talk about the baby and I think if he understands, Jace is excited about his brother. So onto a new chapter in our lives!

7 comments:

  1. Nat- you are a BRAVE woman...I'm anxious to see how it goes for you (I'm crossing my fingers)! Any names?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think you're crazy :) You'll have to let me know how it goes! I'm glad you started a blog, woohoo. I know I've already sent you an invite to see mine, but if you need another one, just let me know. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Grant says that you should name your new little guy "Grant"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck with that sista! I hope it goes really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting, Wish I could do the natural thing my body just cant. I have to have pit. i so excited for your growing family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Natalie,
    This is Alexis (Miner) I found your blog through Adrienne's. Congrats on the soon to be new one. We are pregnant with our second as well. This time it is a boy! Yahoo. With my first I did natural childbirth and I really enjoyed it so I am planning on doing the second one the same way. The water will do wonders. I felt the worst part of it was the back labor I had. You will do wonderfully. I was always told to think of every contraction as a natural way of letting the baby come so not to fight against it (tense up). Can't wait to see how everything goes and hope mom and baby are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie- I am so excited for you! You will not regret your decision! I had all mine natural and Annabelle's birth at home was the most amazing experience! Good luck with everything- I can't wait to see pictures of that cute baby! Maybe someday we can have a reunion with all the crazy college gals and swap stories! Love ya'! -Kristen

    ReplyDelete